Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A wee update

I've been neglecting the blog lately!

I'm doing my best to get  both girls in the soaking baths as frequently as possible - so far that's not EVERY day, but 5+ times per week. Indy is very cheeky: she tries to sneak over to Scarlett's bath, or get out of her own, or steal Scarlett's dinner/hay... anything to avoid standing still for longer than she has to!! Feeding them in the bath is a little problematic as they lose focus as soon as dinner is finished; hay takes longer to eat and I can top it up.

Indy went to Club again on Tuesday. Arrived sweaty as always but settled straight away. We did a little groundwork then helped a friend with her youngster, who didn't know what to do or look at or think first, there was a LOT going on! Indy was very happy to stand around & eat while I was busy. It was a good outing for her, about 10 mins of brainpower before an hour of chilling out.
I loaded up at 7 to be home in time for an online study session at 8pm.

Indy's new RP saddle arrived on Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to fit it yet (I thought I might do it at club but ran out of time... and will power to fiddle with aviation-strength velcro).

I've sold a few things off the mega list and made some final decisions about others. But there is still a heck of a lot here!!
Someone off the board bought the Sparrow bridle. Today, Sparky's person Steph bought the RP dressage saddle.
The 2 Albions & Catherine's Kieffer will go to Saddle4You when I'm up in Albany/Waimarie next week (though one person from Waitoki wants to try the Albion Style dressage), to be sold on behalf. Susan took the Kieffer again to try it but wasn't really sure as the horse she was buying for may go back to his owner after all.
That will leave me with only the Bates GP and the various other tack, boots, & miscellaneous items.

The saddles have the most money tied up in them so I will be happy to see them go... I will be able to buy new mounts & a bridle for Indy's saddle, then fund the permit application & building of my shed (which is STILL sitting on the front lawn, 8 months after it was delivered... oops). I would also like to look at changing my float to a staight load; if Scarlett truly isn't happy in the angle then maybe going back to a straight load, with one extra wide space for her and a normal space for Indy, might be OK.
I will need to talk to Bob Birkett (truck builders) about what is possible. Freeway are both too far away and too set in their ways (I have already enquired about changing the back doors).

Time for bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment