I couldn't resist that title!
I ordered another dose of semen yesterday, to be sent today, so that Indy could be inseminated after I got home from work and took her to the vet clinic. I still hadn't heard when it would be sent at 11am, so I feel like I spent much of the day waiting to be sure it would actually arrive! In the end it was sent to the stallion owner's partner (I am unsure whether it went on a plane or a courier) and arrived at 3pm. I expect there were several people wanting semen so they did a combined delivery to save costs. Sean picked it up as he's not at work this week, and I thought it would help get us to the vet sooner if I didn't have to detour into Matangi on my way to Cambridge.
The vet sorted Indy out and has recommended a scan in two days to ensure Indy has ovulated and to check for fluid (it is relatively common that mares react to the semen itself, and relatively uncommon, but possible, that they react to the extender used). She may treat for fluid anyway, especially if there is any doubt, as this is our last shot at a foal for the season (Campion was only going to be collected for one month due to his competition schedule). It is also getting very late in the season for a foal.
And so, a little girl waits, again....... (haha!)